Welcome to MDaemon Technologies' Suggestion Box

Listening to our customers is more than part of our mission statement, it is part of our culture. Do you have an idea that can improve our products or process? Please share it with us!

How can we improve?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Internal Email support for out of office/busy notification when recepient is selected from address book

When you send an email and choose a recepient from your own staff (domain) a message appears above the recepient saying he is out of office. I assume this data is being picked up from the out of office section of the recepients account. This can save sending unnecessary emails when people are on holiday or away

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      0 comments  ·  MDaemon Connector  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Add support for EWS-like API

Allowing to control mails, calendar events and tasks using a EWS-like API.

1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        0 comments  ·  MDaemon  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Web link to unsubscribe mailing lists

Could not find this feature request (and I'm surprised of this)
        AFAIK as of today the only way we have for unsubscribing a MDaemon mailing list is with a email reply.
        This is a very old fashion way to manage unsubscriptions and it's not practical at all.

Can we have a web based system to manage this? That is: a web link is provided in the email and the recipient simply click this to open the usual web page we all know to click "unsubscribe"

1 vote
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
        • Better warning when unable to reach altn-servers for licensing

You get an unclear warning from MDaemon if it can't reach the altn-servers to check the license. It basically just say that the system will shutdown in 7 days. In the log you can see what the problem is, but not what is going to happen. The GUI doesn't tell you anything. A 7 days warning is really bad during summer vacation. There should be a lot more days and a better explanation in the mail.

1 vote
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            1 comment  ·  MDaemon  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Provide MDaemon and SecurityGateway Amazon Machine Images

When running MDaemon or SecurityGateway within the Amazon Cloud it would be preferable to be able to choose a preconfigured Amazon Machine Image (AMI) from the Amazon MarketPlace.

There are 1000's of software vendors that provide their software in this way and would help promote MDaemon and SecurityGateway products by simplifying the process to deploy a server in the cloud.

These images would have to be reconfigured using a test domain, so an added feature would be the option to run a setup wizard after the software is installed to re-configure the main settings.

3 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
            • Allow multi users login with the same account by POP3 protocol

Please allow multi users login with the same account by PỎP3 protocol, I ask this feature because when user add the account by POP3 to their
              gmail account, the gmail server open multi pop session and cannot login.

1 vote
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

Thank you for sharing your idea with us. Allowing multiple POP3 clients to login to the same account violates the POP3 RFC and is not how POP3 was intended to behave. The best solution is to switch to another protocol such as IMAP, which does allow multiple clients to login to the same account at the same time.

With that being said this can already be done by using Microsoft tools to prevent the creation of POP3*.lck files in the MDaemon\LockFiles\ directory.

In addition, because of the number of requests we have received, an option is being added to MDaemon 18.5. The option will need to be configured by editing configuration files. It will not be available in the MDaemon UI. Enabling this option is not recommended and can result in unintended consequences.

Thanks,
                Arron

• Improve DKIM options

Cannot handle DKIM signature structure (field t= is missing for example)

0 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                  1 comment  ·  SecurityGateway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • Improved Control of DMARC Reporting

I would like some additional control and ways to monitor the DMARC reports which are sent out. I would like to be able to selectively stop reporting to certain recipients, and would also like to see what reports are going out in a summary form.

The problem that this addresses is that I have a domain to which I am sending a report which has stopped accepting the report, so I am generating failed emails that need to be cleared up manually. I Don't see any way to stop this at the moment!

1 vote
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                  • Per domain Authentication

Sign email received by authenticated server: now DKIM only sign email from authenticated session but you can only defined authentication per user. For example I have Exchange behind SecurityGateway and if I configure authenticaed Send Connector i should also disable "Authentication credentials must match those of the email sender" on security gateway. Doing so if an hacker will stole a single password he will able to send email from any local users....

1 vote
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                      1 comment  ·  SecurityGateway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello,

Thank you for sharing your ideas with us. I have split your ideas into multiple items.

If I’m understanding correctly, you would like an option to exclude domain mail server from the requirement for authentication credentials must match those of the email sender. Is that correct?

I also wanted to mention that Location Screening may help you to secure your server. It allows you to only allow authentication from specific areas of the world. So for example, if all of your users were in Italy, you could restrict SG to only allow SG from within Italy.

Thanks,
                      Arron

• The ability to be notified about/reset expired active directory passwords through world client.

We use LDAP authentication and 90% of our users are remote. When their AD password expires they don't know it and they end up calling us because they cannot authenticate and are confused as to why. Is it a possibility to notify the users that their password has expired or is expiring and then allow them to reset it?

3 votes
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                        2 comments  ·  MDaemon Webmail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • Mailing List From: Address

Please consider allowing configuration option to force Mailing Lists to use list email as "From" address. Some ISPs are blocking email from a mailing list user to themselves.

1 vote
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Mark,

Thank you for sharing your logs with us. It is unfortunate that the ISP is blocking these messages as they are constructed according to the RFCs for generating email. The From header should be the address of the original author of the message.

We will investigate the impact of changing this behavior for mailing lists and consider it for future versions.

In the mean time, I believe you can do this yourself using the content filter with a rule such as the following:

RuleName=Change From header of list messages
                          Enable=Yes
                          ThisRuleCondition=All
                          ProcessQueue=REMOTE
                          Condition01=X-MDMailing-List|contains|AND|testlist@test.com|
                          Action01=remove header|“From”,""
                          Action02=add header|“From”,“$HEADER:X-MDMailing-List$”

You’ll also need to make sure that you disable the option in MDaemon under Setup / Mailing list manager / Mailing List settings for “Apply content & spam filters to list mail before cracking individual copies.”

If you would like additional assistance to set…

• Failed login attempts log to windows event log

Would be interesting if we have the posibility to log failed login attempts on worldclient to windows event log. This will allow transfer such events to syslog on perimetral security system and act, for example, banning the source ip in such perimetral security equipment. We are doing it with smtp failed login attempts with very good results. MDaemon remains isolated from such attacks.
                          Thanks for such excelent software.

1 vote
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                            0 comments  ·  MDaemon Webmail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello Joan,

Thank you for sharing your idea with us to add failed login attempts from Worldclient to the windows event log. This will be considered for future versions.

The latest version of MDaemon can be configured to monitor all inbound connections for authentication failures and block IP addresses that exceed the configured limits.

Thanks,
                            Arron

• Background

Change the Background Color in World Client Theme

Please add ability for changing default Background Color (White) to some other Colors. Because in all existing W.C. Themes, the color of existing backgrounds are White & for some Old peoples make some problem & difficulty because of high contrast of White Color.

Best regards, Jalal

2 votes
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                            • Email threading date wise order

Email threading date wise order

3 votes
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                              • Edit as new in email composing

Edit as new in email composing

2 votes
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  1 comment  ·  MDaemon Webmail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                • Relayfax billing code in WorldClient

Can we add a field to the fax screen in WorldClient to allow users to enter a Relayfax billing code instead of having to remember to place the billingcode:xx text on the cover page?

1 vote
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  • Block Javascript attachments by default

I blocked this attachment after one of my clients got hit with the cryptolocker virus abut 2 year ago and since then it has blocked several more emails with this attachment.

I would recommend making this default as I cannot really see any valid reason for the vast majority of users to have the ability to receive emails with js attachments.

1 vote
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    • Jump to entry in logs in tab view

In the Remote Administration in logs, I am finding it very frustrating to use because I might filter for something like email@domain.co.uk and it will show the entries in the log with the date etc, but I cannot click on an entry to jump to that location in the log.

Because I am using one all log (rather than daily logs), I am jumping back 50 pages at a time or more to get nearer to the week that I am looking at, then jumping 10 pages etc at a time to get around the day and jumping a few…

2 votes
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Robert,

Thank you for sharing your idea with us to improve the logging usability in Remote Administration. One option available in the current version is to use the message searching to find messages on disk and view the associated log snippets. In the next version we are adding the ability to return log snippets based on the search results even if the message does not exist on disk.

We will look at improving the log filtering capabilities.

Thanks,
                                        Arron

• Public Folder Manager View

When you open the Public Folder Manager View, it defaults to expanding all domains which means with multiple domains, you have to collapse all the domains so that you are only working with one domain and it makes it harder to find if you are scrolling down a long list of domains.

Can you make the default to collapse all domains and you can expand what you want to actually add to or edit. Thank you.

1 vote
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          0 comments  ·  MDaemon Private Cloud  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                        • Mailing List Manager add users

When you add new users to an existing mailing list, the default view is to show all domains expanded and none of the users that are already members of that mailing list are selected.

Could you change this so that all domains are minimised so that you only have to expand the domain you are interested in and secondly could it show the existing users that are already members. This makes it easier to see if someone has been missed.

1 vote
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          ← Previous 1 3 4 5 16 17
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Welcome to MDaemon Technologies' Suggestion Box

Feedback and Knowledge Base