How can we improve?

Allow authentication against an LDAP directory without full integration

Allow MDaemon to authenticate users against an LDAP directory (by performing an LDAP bind, optionally using a proxy user first).

We don't want to and we can't let MDaemon write to our directory. Therefore it would be great if we created the user we could just say "for authentication go look at ldap server ldap.domain.com and try to authenticate there". The rest of the configuration is local in MDaemon. (We want to integrate with our LDAP, not assimilate it from MDaemon).

1 vote
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello,

Thank you for sharing your idea with us to allow MDaemon to authenticate to an LDAP database. If you’re LDAP database happens to be Active Directory you can already do this.

Your request to allow MDaemon to authenticate with other 3rd party LDAP databases will be considered for future versions.

Thanks,
    Arron

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

BTW you are mixing Active Directory and LDAP all over the place in the admin interface, that should really be streamlined. I guess you mean the LDAP interface to AD all the time, so you should either call it 1) LDAP 2) AD or simply 3) the "directory (server)".

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Arron,

How can we do this? Binding against an LDAP server is always the same LDAP protocol, no matter whether the underlying directory is ActiveDirectory or anything else I suppose...

Thanks.

Feedback and Knowledge Base