How can we improve?

Send on Behalf Of with Permission Management

Hello,
It would be nice to be able to manage the permissions for sending on behalf of.
Each user should be able to decide who can send on its behalf and who is not. With a management similar to that relating to permissions shared folders.
Now every user can send on behalf of everyone and in my opinion is not correct

42 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    AlessandroAlessandro shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello Alessandro,

Thanks you for sharing your idea. It will be considered for future versions of MDaemon. Currently, you can require users to send email using their email address by enabling the SMTP Authentication options for “Authentication is always required when mail is from local accounts” and “Authentication credentials must match those of the email sender”, however, with these options enabled there is not a way to allow one user to send on behalf of another user.

Thanks,
    Arron

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This setting does not appear to stop users from sending on behalf of other users.

I have it set and I can still send on behalf of anyone in the company. It appears to only restrict the SENDER header not the FROM header.

How can we stop users from sending on behalf of other users?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

MDAemon 15.5.2, Outlook connector 3.5.x
        Using the "From" box, you can select any E-Mail adresse (local as remote) which means send "On Behalf Of" anybody.
        I doubt that the Altn CEO would be pleased to know that anybody can send "On Behalf Of" him.

A simple solution, use the insert(i) permission on your Inbox and assign it to the person (account) who is allow for "On Behalf Of".
        The send process just need to verify the permission.

I do not understand why this takes years... you claim to be an alternativ to MS Exchange.

• JNJN commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hoi there,

this idea seems to be under review for an incredibly long time now... this is something I get quite often, and appears to be a very useful, very straightforward idea. Any progress on implementing this?

Best,
        Jasper

Feedback and Knowledge Base