Welcome to MDaemon Technologies' Suggestion Box

Listening to our customers is more than part of our mission statement, it is part of our culture. Do you have an idea that can improve our products or process? Please share it with us!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Instalation of MDaemon opens relevant Windows Firewall rules automatically

It would be very useful if MDaemon configured the relevant Windows Firewall rules when installed. This is especially relevant on server O/S where by default the windows firewall blocks all incoming access.

This should be a simple case of running the netsh advfirewall commans e.g.

netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name="MDaemon SMTP IN" dir=in action=allow protocol=TCP localport=25

netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name="MDaemon SMTP Out" dir=out action=allow protocol=TCP localport=25

If this could be done for all Running services and also rules were deleted and recreated if ports change for these services or updated it would make it much easier for…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  MDaemon  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Only allow authenticated SMTP through MSA. Block AuthSMTP on port 25.

Only allow authenticated SMTP through MSA. Block all SMTP Authentication Attempts on port 25.

To prevent a lot of spoofed botnet authenticated SMTP hammering I would like an user option in MDaemon to completely disallow Authenticated SMTP sesssions through port 25 and only allow it through the MSA port. (admin configured on/off)

Normal incoming (mailserver->mailserver) traffic is allowed as normal through port 25 but none that includes an attempt to authenticate.

As an addition, an option in Dynamic Screening could be added to blacklist any attempts to send authenticated traffic through port 25.
    This could avoid further hammering from botnet…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  MDaemon  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello,

Thanks for sharing your idea with us to disable authentication on port 25. I’m concerned that administrators may not fully understand the consequences of enabling such an option, such as preventing users from being able to send email on port 25. The easiest way to prevent authentication attempts would be to remove AUTH from the list of valid commands, but this would not stop botnets from hammering your server. If you left AUTH in the list of commands then you could block IPs that attempt to authenticate but valid clients would expect to be able to authenticate but instead would get their IP blocked. There are a lot of potential problems with this, however, it will be considered for future versions.

Thanks,
    Arron

3. Automatically add holidays to Calendar

Hello,

i think it will be a very nice tool if holidays (e.x. german holidays) can be shown on calendars like google calendar.

Thanks, best regards Thomas

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Content filter rule grouping

I don't know if this would be me relying to much on CF, the issue I'm running into is simple I need to create multiple rules to address certain issues. Some are complex enough to require up to 5 rules, it would be good to have a way to see the rules in a tree-view were admins can make groups to categories the rules. Instead of a list view.

I foresee needing this type of function more and more as email scams, impersonations, etc. keep growing on to an exponential rate.

Thanks for you time.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Include Origin IP Address in Spam Trap and Bayesian Folder listings

It would / may be helpful to include the origin IP Address as a separate column when viewing spam and suspect spam in the Queues \ Spam Trap and Queues \ Bayesian contents. This would allow the email administrator to sort by IP Address as a "fingerprint" when investigating incidents.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Process mailist as user list

I would like to see a server that in processing of the mailing list account will be united to email destination list, so an account in mailing list doesn't receive duplicated messages if is included in mail destination as account and as mail distribution list.
    In example a customer send a mail to: sales@ (mailing list) and me in CC (it's account) I receive 2 times the mail.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Append text to message body

Hello,

Would be good if we can append text into the body of the message, for example, a warning for external emails. So the end users can be warned about attachments and links into the emails.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Ability for domain administrators to modify groups

Domain Administrators cannot modify groups

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Modify Password Expiration configuration

I would like a small change to this function. The counting of days should start at 0 when you set maximum days value. This will prevent a lot of users to get locked out of their account before they get any warning about an expiring password.
    You can also include a link to the correct webpage in the warning email and make this link available even if the users don't have Worldclient access.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  MDaemon  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add ability to allow specific email useraccounts to skip SMTP authentication

Add ability to allow specific email user accounts to skip SMTP authentication if the connection is initiated from a specific IP adress.

Currently you can only choose to have or not have SMTP autentication, all over server.

I want to be able at a useraccount level to add exeptions from SMTP auth, by adding one or more IP-adresses (or range, DNS-names) that should skip SMTP Auth.

It's very usefull and it's possible in Exchange.

I have a customer that hesitates to move from Exchange to MDaemon, just because this function is missing in MDaemon.

It should be easy to fix?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

Thanks for sharing your idea with us to allow an account to be excluded from the SMTP auth requirement when the connection is from a specified IP address.

My apologies for not providing this information previously.

Currently this can be done using a combination of IP Shielding and SMTP authentication. To do this go to Security / Security Settings / Sender Authentication / IP Shield. Enable IP Shielding and then add the domain/IP pairs for the IP address and domain you’d like to be able to send mail without authenticating. For example, if I want 10.10.10.10 to be able to send mail for test.mail without authenticating I would add a domain IP pair for test.mail, 10.10.10.10. At a minimum you’ll want to add a single domain IP pair for every domain that is hosted locally. If you don’t want to allow any IP addresses to send mail for the…

11. Auto check duplicate account when create in Webadmin.

When using Remote Administraton (webadmin) to creating new account. You must click save to know what account did duplicated (already in account list).
    I want a feature when i type a few or all character in mailbox name. Webadmin auto compare new account with all account already in account list and show result right to Mail box name field (already exist or not).
    Sorry for my bad English. My country not using English.
    Thanks

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Display mailing list names

I have been getting some complaints from our users and external customers that when they are included on an e-mail that is sent via a mailing list they would like to see the name/email address of everyone who the e-mail was sent to, not just the mailing list name (or only their email address).

It is causing confusion because they don't know who else was copied on that email and may have already received it, so multiple recipients are forwarding the original e-mail to other users who were on the mailing list to begin with.

These are mailing lists that…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  MDaemon  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Drag and drop in CF rules plus expand window

It would be nice to have the ability to drag and drop rules in CF rules (rather than the move up and move down).
    I've a lot of rules and in the GUI I can't expand the CF rules window to see all of them at once and in WebAdmin the move up/move down has a tendency to go a bit mental and start moving the wrong rule.
    I usually end up hacking the CFRules.dat but that's a major pain

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  MDaemon  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Customize Ticketing number

Hello. I think that ticketing feature in MDaemon will be better if is possible to customize the ticket number and add more than one counter for tickets (for example: one counter for commercial ticket, one for techincal... ).
    Thank you.
    Manuel Zambotti

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  MDaemon  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. folder blacklist automation

Wouldn't it be great to have a folder like the bayesian public folder for each user (either personally or global) which acts like this:
    1. move an e-mail to the folder
    2. block the sender's domain instead of the user's e-mail address only

For this we should also have a list of blocked domains or user addresses to manage.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. More Moderator on Mailing List

Add moderator more than one on Mailing List, so if the moderator is on vacation or cannot be contacted at the moment, the other moderator can approve and forward the message to the member of list.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Alias statistics i MDaemon.

Statistics and "Last Usage" on main account name is already included but it is very difficult to track how frequent a user Alias is actually used and/or receiving any mails.

People tend to want alias created but very seldom used and it would be good for me as a sysadmin to track the usage and possible remove unused aliases.

Or even better, find alias that receives large amount of spam.

Today all alias traffic is merged into the main account statistics and it is difficult to see if certain addresses catches more spam than others.

- In the "Inbound Email"…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. An alert when the ip is blocked by Dynamic Screening

An alert by email when an ip is blocked by Dynamic Screening.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  MDaemon  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Stop senders sharing your email address with everybody they know

A content filter that you can define a message as spam (and bounce it to the sender) if it contains more than 2-3 recipients in the TO or CC field.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. rule on log-in user in worldclient

I need that I receive email when an user log-in in WorldClient. I could do parse of log but if it was a possible integrated where rules can be apply also log worldclient.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  MDaemon  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Welcome to MDaemon Technologies' Suggestion Box

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base