Welcome to MDaemon Technologies' Suggestion Box

Listening to our customers is more than part of our mission statement, it is part of our culture. Do you have an idea that can improve our products or process? Please share it with us!

How can we improve?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. MDaemon filtering feature request

We’d like the ability to be able to watch an email working it’s way through the various filters, building up score as it goes.

Graphically we’d like it to look like the mousetrap game / Rube Goldberg machine.

Any email scoring highly enough to be classed as SP@M should disappear down a plughole of some sort and be accompanied by the ‘pacman dying’ sound effect.

By the end of the month would be nice - yes please! 👍

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  MDaemon  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Widen the usage of groups

I see MDaemon has a basic concept (of groups and templates). Now it would be really nice if you could actually use these groups outside of the administration interface (e.g. for people to use).

Like saying: I want to send a mail to all people of that department (no need to define a mailing list, which would be redundant, if groups are used properly). Or: I want to invite that group of people to a meeting (calendar).

Alternatives are welcome, like creating mailing lists which take their users from LDAP. I see this might be possible, however it is not…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  MDaemon  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello,

Thanks again for sharing your ideas with us. In the current version of MDaemon you can configure a list to have a Group as a member. Does that accomplish what you are trying to do?

To add a Group as a member of a list you can click the Add button on the members tab and then click the bottom to the right of the Email field. Then select the desired groups and click OK. You can also just type GROUP:$GROUPNAME$ in the Email field, where $GROUPNAME$ is the name of the group.

Thanks,
    Arron

3. Download common rules for content filter

Content Filter, Download Common Rules and let people Vote on the rules to

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Mailing List Manager add users

When you add new users to an existing mailing list, the default view is to show all domains expanded and none of the users that are already members of that mailing list are selected.

Could you change this so that all domains are minimised so that you only have to expand the domain you are interested in and secondly could it show the existing users that are already members. This makes it easier to see if someone has been missed.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  MDaemon  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Prevent SmartHost to be used right after the first try (graylisting)

We are using "Send directly and use smart host on problems."

As soon as graylisting is involved this immediately enforces the smart host to be used while it should not.

An option to specify the amount of unsuccessful direct connections (before the fallback to the smart host is used) should be added.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Webadmin: Import list of IP Screen using CSV or text file

When you using Sender Blacklist, Recipient Blacklist, IP Screen,Host Screen in security - screening, you must import one by one. It's very wasted time.
    I want a function to import and export list of blacklist or IP screen list to easy handle.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Quân,

Thank you for sharing all of your ideas with us. Adding the ability to import data into the blacklist and screening settings will be considered for future versions.

In case you are not aware, the dat files for these configurations can be found in the MDaemon\app directory and can be directly edited.

Thanks,
    Arron

7. i wish add column description in MDaemon Daily Quota Report

i wish add column description in MDaemon Daily Quota Report

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  MDaemon  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Better warning when unable to reach altn-servers for licensing

You get an unclear warning from MDaemon if it can't reach the altn-servers to check the license. It basically just say that the system will shutdown in 7 days. In the log you can see what the problem is, but not what is going to happen. The GUI doesn't tell you anything. A 7 days warning is really bad during summer vacation. There should be a lot more days and a better explanation in the mail.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. content filter trigger when a message moves from remote to retry queue

Hi,

I use content filter to route postmaster@ messages to a different remote queue.
    Many of thèses messages will never be delivered (noreply, spam ... ) and the normal Delivery process will try again and again to send them for many days.
    I use a different speficic Schedule attached to this queue, but it is not possible to try to send message immediately when queued.

One solution : an option to try to send message immediatly, the 3 actual options do not permit it.

Another one : a trigger in the content filter when a message il delayed and move…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Buddy Messaging - Directory setup in Groups and Sub Groups

It would be really helpful if as an Admin we could set up the listing of members of staff in the World Client Instant Messenger window for all users in cascade folders . This way we could display
    Country
    City
    Department
    Names
    This would allow easier navigation to find the person you want to IM. A search field at the top to be added if you know who you want.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Add support in POP for multiple clients accessing same mailbox at once

Accessing same mailbox using POP with more than one device at the same time results in ERR: LOCKED/in use message. Understand using IMAP avoids this, but it adds additional stress and maintenance on the server. Would like to see this added for POP as other mail servers support. Thank you for the consideration and comments!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Autoresponder - multiple message based on time of day

I have a client with a sales@ email account for incoming enquiries, they would like an autoresoponder message for day time when they are open and a different message for evening time. This would allow them to comply with Brand standards.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Hard Links for Copies

In our company, we use readonly public folders for departmental in/out mails, and read/write for custom archiving. As practically all mails get archived at least once, this leads to lots of wasted space.
    So, suggestion:
    When possible (folders on same drive), add support for and give the option to enable "create hard links for copied files". This would not only reduce space, but will probably also increase performance, due to fewer actual data = more unique content cached.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Block Javascript attachments by default

I blocked this attachment after one of my clients got hit with the cryptolocker virus abut 2 year ago and since then it has blocked several more emails with this attachment.

I would recommend making this default as I cannot really see any valid reason for the vast majority of users to have the ability to receive emails with js attachments.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Directly deny accepting emails containing certaines attachments (e.g. iso) already at reception instead of using CF to avoid archving issues

Close connection when receiving files with certain (configurable) attachement types (for example ISO-files) instead of first accepting the mail and then passing it through Content Filter to delete/quarantine the mail in the second step. This has the advantage that a mail that has never been accepted does not need to be archived (in combination with saving bandwidth/cpu/disk space,...) and probably it would be easy to implement.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. MDaemon Statistics Report

Documentation about MDaemon Statistics should be added.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Put the Log files in this folder in Setup, Server Settings, Logging,

When you specify "Put the Log files in this folder", it would be nice if it put all the log files in that folder, INCLUDING THE BES LOGS, and Webserver Logs!

Try This: Specify a new log folder destination and Apply, Stop MDaemon Services, delete all the logs or move the from the old MDaemon\Logs folder. Start the Mdaemon services. Look at your old LOG folder and confirm that you still have logs being put in the wrong place.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Spam Trap handling from within MD GUI.

Add "Spam Trap" handling from within the MD GUI so you don't need to login to WorldClient/WebAdmin to administrate this.

Add same functionality as in WebAdmin with "Release" and "Release + Copy to non spam folder".

//Dan Lundqvist

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add email/domain to Sender Blacklist via fowarding email

We can forwarding mail to blacklist@ update account's blacklist but we cannot forwarding mail to update Sender Blacklist for all or single domain

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Whitelisting specifc attachments from specific senders

I have moved to whitelisting attachments. What would be useful is to add to the exceptions attachments handling is the ability to whitelist say .zip files from a specific sender instead of just simply whitelisting sender which allows all attachments including dangerous virus attachments. While we trust the sender, obviously they may get infected with a virus and then infect us if the AV does not pick it up. Thank you.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  MDaemon  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Welcome to MDaemon Technologies' Suggestion Box

Feedback and Knowledge Base