Welcome to MDaemon Technologies' Suggestion Box

Listening to our customers is more than part of our mission statement, it is part of our culture. Do you have an idea that can improve our products or process? Please share it with us!

How can we improve?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Improved Control of DMARC Reporting

I would like some additional control and ways to monitor the DMARC reports which are sent out. I would like to be able to selectively stop reporting to certain recipients, and would also like to see what reports are going out in a summary form.

The problem that this addresses is that I have a domain to which I am sending a report which has stopped accepting the report, so I am generating failed emails that need to be cleared up manually. I Don't see any way to stop this at the moment!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  MDaemon  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Instant Messenger

Ability to add a Customizable Disclaimer when a new chat session is started with a contact from my buddies list.

Example: when I start a chat, the following is displayed: "This chat app must be used in accordance with the companies IT Policy. This chat session is logged." etc...

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. new user account - smarthost user name and password

What about a button to verify the user specific smarthost credentials directly when entering them? No more need to search logs for related malfunctions ...

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Have a link into attachments restriction notifications, to black list automatically sender of the message

Have a link into attachments removed notifications (by attachments restriction feature), to black list automatically sender of the message.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Dynamic mail forward to external host, Similar to Multipop

Dynamic Mail forward to external host, similar to what is done in Multipop, ie based on the users POP access, can save bandwidth for those who forward mail to external host to read mail when outside the office.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  MDaemon  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Pay license monthly.

For small businesses it might be a idea to pay the license costs monthly maybe as some kind of a subscrition fee . . Currently i`m running 16.5 bit really want to go to 17.5, but just don`t have the funds for it. It is a pricely product without the addons and it would be friendlier if it was possible to pay a "subscription fee" . The product would than also be more available for starting companies.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. In security-->Content Filters--->Rules: Add an option to attach a file to the mail when sending e-mail.

In security-->Content Filters--->Rules: Add an option to attach a file to the outgoing mail. When we send offers to customers we want to attach automatic a PDF with our terms and conditions.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Stop making the Help screen modal!

When you open Help from MDaemon, it opens as Modal, so is always in front of MDaemon. This makes it a real pain to try to read help and change some settings at the same time. It isn't too bad if you have twin screens, but I have to work on a single-screen server and use half of the screen for MDaemon and half for help so they don't overlap. I can't think of a single benefit of having the Help modal. Please stop doing it.

P.S. Why does the box I'm typing this into have to be the size…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. Can you tell me how you are opening the help dialog? Are you using the MDaemon User Interface or MDaemon Remote Administration, MDaemon Webmail? Or something else? What version of MDaemon do you have installed?I have been unable to figure out how to reproduce what you are seeing.

Thanks,
    Arron

9. Ability to set password expiration options per domain.

Ability to set password expiration options per domain.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Walter,

Thank you for sharing your ideas with us.

The ability to lock an account after X authentication failures already exists in MDaemon.

The ability to see the list of attached files already exists in WorldClient.

You have already submitted your idea to allow domain administrators to manage public folders.

I will create a new idea idea for your suggestion to be able to search contacts based on criteria other than name so we can track them independently.

Your idea to allow password expiration to be configured per domain will be considered for future versions.

Thanks,

Arron

10. Calendar-Item delete only for Creator

In Exchange you have an right: Edit a calendar-item only for the creator. MDaemon not different about Creator or User.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. ticketing

Ticketing

Ability to generate a ticket internally, which means an MDaemon account can send an email from common address, creating a new ticket.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  MDaemon  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Allow administrators to create Saved Searches for all users

Could you add an option to allow administrators to create Unread email and flagged email saved searches for all users to effectively replicate the smart inbox concept that many email programs use.

In addition, the admin will need to be able to enable Saved Searches and auto cancel save searches for all users in Worldclient as they are off by default.

The problem with expecting users to create these saved search filters for themselves is many users will not know how to do it (and may do it incorrectly by selecting subfolders instead of all folders) and if they are…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Support for RFC 3030 (BYNARYMIME && CHUNKING)

For better bandwidth management on transmissions of large attachments

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Mailing List From: Address

Please consider allowing configuration option to force Mailing Lists to use list email as "From" address. Some ISPs are blocking email from a mailing list user to themselves.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  MDaemon  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello Mark,

Thank you for sharing your logs with us. It is unfortunate that the ISP is blocking these messages as they are constructed according to the RFCs for generating email. The From header should be the address of the original author of the message.

We will investigate the impact of changing this behavior for mailing lists and consider it for future versions.

In the mean time, I believe you can do this yourself using the content filter with a rule such as the following:

RuleName=Change From header of list messages
    Enable=Yes
    ThisRuleCondition=All
    ProcessQueue=REMOTE
    Condition01=X-MDMailing-List|contains|AND|testlist@test.com|
    Action01=remove header|“From”,""
    Action02=add header|“From”,“$HEADER:X-MDMailing-List$”

You’ll also need to make sure that you disable the option in MDaemon under Setup / Mailing list manager / Mailing List settings for “Apply content & spam filters to list mail before cracking individual copies.”

If you would like additional assistance to set…

15. Mail restriction based on IP address per account

It would be nice if we could restrict an individual email account to their specific ip address they are coming in on. That would eliminate their account from being hijacked when their password is compromised.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  MDaemon  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Add NFSv4 ACL to folders and folder items

Implement NFSv4 ACL on folders and folder items on the server and use full ACLs for WorldClient, and proper subsets for IMAP ACLs and OC ACL.

FOLDERS: this would simply require to change what MDaemon writes in HIWATER.MRK, section [Access Control], from current

john@example.com=lrswipcda

to something like the following

john@example.com=rwxpDdaARWcCos:fd

FOLDER ITEMS: extend Imap.mrk record adding a bitmap for full NFSv4 ALC flags

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  MDaemon  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello,

I’m not sure if this will help you or not but you can configure WebAdmin to only allow global administrators to login from LAN IP addresses. To do this create a Group with all Global Administrators as members. Then create a template to apply to the group with the options for Enable web-administration access and “..but only from LAN IPs” enabled. With this template applied to all accounts that have Global Administration access they will only be able to login to WebAdmin when connecting from a LAN IP.

Thank you for sharing your idea to use a different port for administrator logins. It will be considered for future versions of WebAdmin.

Thanks,
    Arron

18. Sending emails to ComAgent contacts using (Right-Click -> Send Email)

Sending emails to ComAgent clients would be easier if necessary "right-click" menu was developed, which then it opened web-browser with "To" field filled.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add a macro to allow setting X-Priority header for urgent e-mails

Add a macro to allow setting X-Priority header for urgent e-mails, especially in the "Send a NOTE to" option in Content Filter.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Welcome to MDaemon Technologies' Suggestion Box

Feedback and Knowledge Base