Welcome to MDaemon Technologies' Suggestion Box

Listening to our customers is more than part of our mission statement, it is part of our culture. Do you have an idea that can improve our products or process? Please share it with us!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. MDaemon should be able to log account creation, deletion and password change when performed via the product GUI

I think that MDaemon should be able to log all the changes made to its accounts, not only those made via remote admin.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  MDaemon  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Sending email in WC,drop down, choose a category / sent folder. I wish I could add a sent category and it auto move to specific sent folder

Sending email in World Client, add a drop down to choose a category / sent folder. I wish I could add a sent category and have it auto move my sent message to specific sent folder. Many times I want things categorized while sending for followup etc..

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  MDaemon Webmail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Ability to drag/copy/attach an Email to another replying/forwarding Email

Currently an Email can be sent as an attachment through a new mail but there is no option to attach a particular Email to a forwarding or replying Email. The option to drag/copy an Email to a forwarding or replying Email exists in Ms Outlook and would be great if its added in MDaemon coming versions.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Per domain Authentication

Sign email received by authenticated server: now DKIM only sign email from authenticated session but you can only defined authentication per user. For example I have Exchange behind SecurityGateway and if I configure authenticaed Send Connector i should also disable "Authentication credentials must match those of the email sender" on security gateway. Doing so if an hacker will stole a single password he will able to send email from any local users....

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  SecurityGateway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello,

Thank you for sharing your ideas with us. I have split your ideas into multiple items.

If I’m understanding correctly, you would like an option to exclude domain mail server from the requirement for authentication credentials must match those of the email sender. Is that correct?

I also wanted to mention that Location Screening may help you to secure your server. It allows you to only allow authentication from specific areas of the world. So for example, if all of your users were in Italy, you could restrict SG to only allow SG from within Italy.

Thanks,
    Arron

5. WorldClient signatures position

It would be nice to be allowed to put the signature where we want; below our reply, after the quote...

Right now the signature is put after everything. That makes ti difficult to our client to see where the email is coming from.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Add an editable description to document folders

Let users with A right on a document folder add/edit a description for the folder, to be shown below the name of the very folder, on the right pane.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Limit on usage of billing codes

Cant we have an option of allocating the number of fax messages that can be sent using the billing Code. e.g. Say I have billing Code Production and Development.
    Production = 20 relays of fax messages p/m or within certain range of days, when it reaches 20 as the limit, it stops relaying and send the relevant mgs
    Development = 10 relays of fax messages p/m or within certain range of days, when it reaches 10 as the limit, it stops relaying and send the relevant msg

Note: The whole idea is to have a limit on the number of…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  RelayFax  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. can it be helped to open certain restriction domains globally from mdaemon settings without having to open the restriction one by one the us

can it be helped to open certain restriction domains globally from mdaemon settings without having to open the restriction one by one the user account

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Calendar Statistics and Free Items

For the Calendar Statistics in WorldClient to be useful for analyzing the personal work planning, items marked as "Show time as: Free" should not be counted towards the total hours (otherwise Holidays that you enter into the calendar add 24 hours to your statistics).

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Modernise Webmail Gui

In order to be able to sell Mdaemon to prospective new clients I do need to wow them a bit with the GUI as this is the first thing that most end clients see and care about. They don't care about spam filtering, back end administration etc which are the things that I care about for Mdaemon.

I don't think that you need to make huge changes to your CSS coding. In fact, most of the changes I am suggesting would probably be quite minor.

1. Replace the flag, category, select icons etc with more modern looking icons. A lot of…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Add a per document editable description to document folders

Add a searchable field to describe/annotate each document in a document folder. In the right pane, user could show every description for the show files, show on demand the description of a selected file, hide all descriptions, edit/remove description attached to a file.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Out of office response add-on

Please include option to add a once only vacation response during specified time of absence based on email account

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Appointments/Meeting Request Templates

Often times we find ourselves creating the same type of appointment, with the same info over and over again. Not to be confused with a recurring appointment. For example, creating an meeting request for a conference call where everyone will use our conference bridge to call in. Some of this info changes, but much of it is static (ie the conference bridge info never changes). It would be cool to have appointment/meeting request templates where we could click the template name and it would populate the WorldClient appointment fields with information, sparing you having to type the same info over…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Sync Email Categories

I use Em client as my Email client on both my computer and laptop. I have asked Em Client about this and they say this is a server side issue. When I flag an email and categorise it, only the flag is synced. The category is not synced with the server. So I have to manually add the Category in Webmail or on the second machine running Em client.

I am using Imap to send and receive emails. Could you make it possible for Mdaemon to support syncing categories via imap. Thank you.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Add option to 'soft fail' on Reverse Lookup (PTR) failure

At present the options for action on PTR lookup failure are to close the connection - a hard fail.
    As others have observed this causes a lot of unhappy customers because emails from legitimate senders fail to be received, yet it also stops a lot of spam emails so it is a desirable test to have turned on (in my opinion).

Please consider the option for a soft fail on PTR lookup failure.

For example I would prefer the option to increment the spam score against emails that fail rather than closing the connection outright.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Mdaemon Desktop Instant Messenger modernise GUI Interface

The gui interface of desktop instant messenger looks dated.

Could you replace the icons for text colour, spelling, send file etc with a more modern look and also make the main window showing the contacts look modern. The small font and very dated green and red icons make it look very old fashioned.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  MDaemon  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Comagent - collapsible folder tree hierarchy

At the moment the folder hierarchy is defined by a slight indentation of sub folders but it's not enough to make the differentiation clear.

If you could make these more pronounced and also collapsible so I can expand lists of sub folders as I wish it'd be more user friendly.

This applies to the folder list view displayed all the time in the client and also the view presented when you go to add or remove folders.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Allow the administrator of a mailing list to add or remove members only

There are too many modifiable parameters when a user is defined as list administrator. Only global administrator create list and adjust parameters ; list administrator just have to add and remove members.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Comagent : Show all user online using comagent client or worldclient comagent ?

With existing comagent client windows, you only send message to buddy you add to message list (buddy list),

I want a tab, which can list all user account (or account name or Name) online or offiline and user can choose who send with and do not required to add. User can receive message offline or online.

User can chooso many contact to chat with group,

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  MDaemon  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Web link to unsubscribe mailing lists

Could not find this feature request (and I'm surprised of this)
    AFAIK as of today the only way we have for unsubscribing a MDaemon mailing list is with a email reply.
    This is a very old fashion way to manage unsubscriptions and it's not practical at all.

Can we have a web based system to manage this? That is: a web link is provided in the email and the recipient simply click this to open the usual web page we all know to click "unsubscribe"

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Welcome to MDaemon Technologies' Suggestion Box

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base