Welcome to MDaemon Technologies' Suggestion Box

Listening to our customers is more than part of our mission statement, it is part of our culture. Do you have an idea that can improve our products or process? Please share it with us!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow password protected attachments to pass through anti-virus scanning.

This is the similar to a feature request that was completed for MDaemon.

We have a lot of password protected file being sent to and from our office and we have to manual release them from the administrative quarantine. It would be nice to have an option to allow password protected zip/rar/7z files to pass through but still block everything else as it does today. It would be even better if we could specify which accounts or senders are allow to pass through protected files.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  SecurityGateway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Save and Save and Close Button

Currently there is a "Save" button when composing a new message. Unfortunalely this Button Saves and Closes the Item currently edited, which is not what a user wants when clicking "Save". So I would Suggest to rename this button in "Save and Close".

Then we could add a second button "Save" which does only the save and the Item currently edited remains open.

Regards
    Christian

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  MDaemon Webmail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Feature Request WorldClient - Meeting Request

Hi,

Currently meeting request sent sent as an attachment ".ics" and when trying to open the file and accept the meeting request the same is opened in Ms Outlook Calender.
    The ".ics" file when opened should be automatically converted and option to accept the meeting should be provided and then the same should be added in the WorldClient calender.

Thanks,
    Elson

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  MDaemon Webmail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello,

Thank you for sharing your request with us. WorldClient automatically parses information from the .ics attachments and should be presenting you with the option to accept, decline, accept tentatively, and to view the invitation without the need to open the attached .ics file. If this is not happening for you, please contact our support team so that we may investigate further. All of our support options can be found at http://www.altn.com/support/.

Thanks,
    Arron

4. stop mac mail from downloading the spam folder

Is there a way to keep mac mail from downloading the spam folder from world client?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  MDaemon  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello Terry,

Most IMAP clients provide a means for a user to hide a folder by unsubscribing from it, which MDaemon supports. If Mac mail does not support subscribing and unsubscribing from folders the only option I can think of would be to configure MDaemon and all email clients that access the account to not create the spam folder to begin with. If you would like assistance configuring MDaemon to not create a Spam folder please contact our technical support team. All of our support options can be found at http://www.altn.com/support/.

Thanks,

5. screening log

Screening Log, does not contain source, SMTP, POP, IMAP, etc. Postmaster emails about dynamic screening also do not contain source.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  MDaemon  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  MDaemon  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Support inline images in domain signatures

Ability to support inline images in domain signatures

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. File Activity

I recently ran a file activity monitor on the server MDaemon is installed on. I have some concerns with the frequency and amount of data that is being read from some of the files over and over and over again. My suggestion is that you check this out so that it can be optimized. Right now it seems less than optimal.

Here is one example:

Domains.ini is being read thousands of times per second.

I can see that these calls to disk are causing performance issues as the disk is busy doing unnecessary repetitive tasks of retrieving the same file…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Web Administration User Last Access Date

In the Mdaemon Gui (which I use) I can see the last login access date for each user. However, my clients need to use Web Admin to manage their domain. Using the Web Admin, they cannot see when a user last logged in to ensure that users are accessing their email regularly. Could this column be added.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. World Client Delete Button

World Client Delete Button, when double clicking on a newly received email message, the buttons load last for some reason. The problem is that when you go to click on the delete button, a split second and then bam, the rest of the buttons load, shifting the printer button into the position of the delete button. So as you click it where the delete button was located it then opens the message in print mode instead, grabbing all the graphics in the spam message. How Annoying! Then the spammer even knows you exist. I consider this a security FLAW.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  MDaemon Webmail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Export Whitelist

Send Email to entire Whitelist. There does not appear to be a way to email the entire whitelist as a group using one address.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  MDaemon Webmail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. RelayFax POP3 TLS

RelayFax needs to support TLS 1.2 for POP mail.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  RelayFax  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Bulk email move by date

Users are lazy and want everything simple. We have a lot of users with 30, 40, 50,000+ emails in their Inbox. They complain that the system is slow (the server is very fast). I've explained to them how to manually move them to different folders, but its very time consuming and they say they don't have time to do it.
    Could we get a feature that would allow emails to move their email from "folder x" to "folder y (create the folder if it doesn't exist)" from "start date" to "end date".

Thanks,
    Paul

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  MDaemon  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello Paul,

Thank you for sharing your suggestion with us. The AccountPrune utility in MDaemon already allows you to move messages older than X days to another folder. You can find documentation on using the command line utility in the MDaemon\App\AccountPrune.txt file. If you prefer its is also possible to move the messages from one folder to another using PowerShell, or any other scripting language.

Thanks,
    Arron

14. Spam marking

When we mark any email as "This is spam" in WorldClient, it should move to public spam folder (where Bayesian engine can process it) instead of moving to Deleted Items.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. displaying categories label

Please can we have possibility to make categories label/title displayed in whatever column view ? instead of having the category's color and label in tooltips.

The color can be the background of the label

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

Thank you for your suggestion to make it easier to see the category of an item. There is a category column that can be added to your list view for messages, tasks, and notes to show the category selected for an item.

To add this column to the message list go to Options / Columns, and check the box next to categories for the desired item types.

If you would like further assistance configuring this please contact our support team for assistance. All of our support options can be found at http://www.altn.com/support.

Thanks,
    Arron

16. Comagent: Notify when a public folder has new mail.

When i get new mail, the arlet box appear at screen corner, its very goold. But when a public/shared folder has new mail, comagent not notify.

Can I choose manually what public/shared folder to notify, not all?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

The current version of ComAgent is capable of notifying a user when mail arrives in a public folder. To configure this open ComAgent preferences and go to Connections / Select your connection / Edit / Mail Folders. Right click on the public folder you would like notifications for and select Notify. Then click OK. You may need to restart ComAgent in order for the change to take effect. If you are still having problems please contact our support team for assistance. All of our support options can be found at http://www.altn.com/Support/.

Thanks,

Arron

17. LookOut - Possibility to disable preview contacts

Possibility to diseable preview contacts when you go over contact with mouse in theme LookOut

Sorry for my English

Marco

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Have reporting notifications for queue size

Send an email to admin account when local and remote queues reach high levels that doesn't require a separate piece of monitoring software.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Active Directory - Public Address Book

Can we please hide accounts that are either disabled or have their accounts expired to be hidden from the public address book? Currently, I have to manually flag the MDaemon account as Private so that it would not be shown. Many of my customers are also complaining about this as they do not "delete" accounts that have expired or disabled. The purging of these accounts takes place usually at least 6 - 12 months after account is inactive.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Steve,

Thank you for taking the time to share your idea with us. In my testing accounts that were disabled or expired in Active Directory were removed from the public contact list. If this is not the behavior you are seeing please contact our technical support team so that we may troubleshoot the issue with you. All of our support options can be found at http://www.altn.com/support/.

Thanks,

Arron

20. Add support for custom attributes in calendar items

Allow settings of custom attributes in calendar items (Something like custom attributes of EWS).
    This would allow better integration of MD with third party applications.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Welcome to MDaemon Technologies' Suggestion Box

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base