Welcome to MDaemon Technologies' Suggestion Box

Listening to our customers is more than part of our mission statement, it is part of our culture. Do you have an idea that can improve our products or process? Please share it with us!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. online play voice and video

I think MD add easy recording voice or video write mail and play its from get mail .Instead of using other tools pre-recorded file as an attachment. For example, I want to voice message to a recipient, I can Direct use webmail and MD, send a voice message mail.Instead of downloading the files using other tools to open.Also receiving the multimedia message also hope to play online immediately. This is the era of mobile multimedia is very important function.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  MDaemon Webmail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Extend clickable area for attachments

In the message preview area of Lookout & WC themes, extend the clickable area for attachments to include the words "X Attachments" as well as the > symbol. This would make usability of this the same as clicking the "Download Zip File" where you can click anywhere on that text. Clicking the > requires a higher level of precision than it ought to and is not as clear/logical as it could be.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Share public calendar

With the version 18 I see that I can share a private calendar to anyone also without an MDaemon account.
    But only the private calendars are sharable.
    I suggest to add the ability to share also the public calendars.
    Thanks.
    Davide.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  MDaemon  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. administrator can decide the users whose emails can be archived in "public folders " directory

1) Server administrator gets the option to decide the User's / accounts whose mails can be archived in the "Public folders" directory
    this option will help in saving lot of disk space

2) ability to purge archived messages after given time on FIFO basis would be a added advantage

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  MDaemon  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Access to Outbreak Protection via WebAdmin

I'd like to be able to access the outbreak protection settings via webadmin.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. IMAP Migration Tool

It would be great if we could bring into MDaemon IMAP accounts from another server, preserving IMAP folders and so on...

We are facing plenty email domain migrations (new customers) and it is hard to accomplish this task.
    If we could get one tool to manage this I'm sure we could get to much more customers.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  MDaemon  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Jump to today's date has been removed in the WorldClient new theme

The function to jump to today's date has been removed in the WorldClient new theme. This is very useful when you are navigating around the calendar and need to jump back to today's date. I have no idea why it was never included! Please put it back.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. List not to send to sender

when someone who is on a "normal" list sends an email to the list that they are not automatically send a copy of the email too. Can the list system be made smart enough to recognize the sender and ignore them on the list?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Comment lines for Trusted IPs

I would love to be able to use comment lines to document what each Trusted IP is, otherwise unless we maintain our own document the reasons we add an IP address are lost over time.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. subaddressing

Subaddressing should be revised. It should be made independent of the feature that allows to specify the folder to send the mail to.

Even if the folder does not exist, it should simply deliver to the Inbox, at least optionally.

Use case: I like to use subaddresses to find out who sold my data. :) So when requesting trial versions, newsletters, etc. I'd like to use a different suffix every time, user+trial1@com.pany, user+news2@com.pany, and when this address gets used by anyone else, I know where it's coming from. And I might be able to block it.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

Thank you for sharing your idea to update sub addressing to accept a message even if the folder does not exist. This is already possible by creating an alias for your account such as "user+*@com.pany = user@com.pany. By adding this alias you will essentially have an unlimited number of email addresses that will route to your account. This may result in an increase in unwanted email.

Thanks for sharing your idea with us.
    Arron

11. Host screening option to reject inbound EHLO based on criteria

In the light of recent botnet attacks it's become extremely useful to be able to block within the host screen using wildcards to prevent machines that are clearly compromised systems. Blocking via reverse dns checking helps someway but not in all cases and ideally if communication comes from a EHLO address that is not following RFC guidance of the dns name for the server in question then it should be rejected.

What I'm asking for in addition to this is the option to be able to enter criteria within the blocking option such as 'if the EHLO is without a…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Graham,

Thank you for sharing your idea with us. Wildcards are supported in the host screening configuration. The difficulty is that email clients don’t use a FQDN when they are sending email. This means that if you were to block any EHLO value that did not include a “.” you would block all email clients that are trying to send mail through your server. This may work for you but it will cause problems for some. This is not to say that your idea is not valid, just that care should be taken. Your suggestion will be considered for future versions.

It is currently possible to block EHLO values that do not contain a “.”. To do this add an entry for . that is set to accept. Then add a second entry for * that is set to block. The entry to accept . must be above the…

12. Smart Folder for Worldclient

In Em Client which I use as my email program, I have the ability to setup a smart folder view for Drafts, Unread Email and Flagged Items.

Worldclient already has the ability to view drafts folder so thats ok. However having a folder for unread email and a folder for Flagged Items (that show categories) would drastically improve the usage of Worldclient.

If you look at Em Client website and Screenshots you will see their layout of Unread Emails and Flagged Emails. I cannot tell you how much my email management has improved by having these two folders. I consider…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  MDaemon  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Robert,

Thanks for your idea to add a Smart Folder to WorldClient. This is already possible using the Saved Searches Functionality. If you want saved searches to show up in your folder list, you’ll need to enable it under Options / Folders. Then simply save the searches based on your criteria.

Thanks again,

Arron

13. Include Free-Busy in OC

Include Free-Busy in OC

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  MDaemon Connector  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Blacklist to stop email addresses from being added to a mailing list auto responder

it would be great if we could blacklist email addresses from being added to a mailing list when a auto responder is enabled

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  MDaemon  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Account failed at least 10 authentication attempts: Needs to include an IP Address.

Admin Alert Message : Account failed at least 10 authentication attempts: Needs to include an IP Address.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Allow "contains" option in Search Header From IP

Due to spammers sending from incremented IP addresses it would be easier to determine what IP block is sending the spam if we could search the messages with a Header is From (IP) contains not just
    Header is From (IP) matches.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  SecurityGateway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Allow the installation of the Email storage directory to another drive

When installing Mdaemon the mail store default to the same drive where Mdaemon is installed and this is very limiting. It would be very interesting if you are allowed to store mails on a separate drive either on the native disk or on a network share.

Waht do you think?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

The current version of MDaemon is capable of storing email on a separate drive. To configure the default location for mailboxes in MDaemon 13.0.4 go to Accounts / Account Settings. Expand the New Account Defaults section and select Mailbox. In the Mail folder template field enter the path where you would like mailboxes stored. This path will be used as a template for all new mailboxes that are created so it is important to use variables such as $DOMAIN$ and $MAILBOX$ to ensure that each mailbox is unique. If you would like to change the path of existing mailboxes you can do so by going to Accounts / Account Manager. Select an Account and click on Edit. Select Folder, Attachments, Groups from the left menu and in the Mail folder field enter the path you would like the account to use for the mailbox. After…

18. Sieve Scritp: How to recognize multiple sender

Sender must be ONE. When I see multiple sender this is sure fake mail

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  SecurityGateway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello,

We have experimented with comparing the Return-Path and the From headers and found that it causes many legitimate emails to be flagged so we have chosen to not implement the option. With that being said, there is a SpamAssassin rule that compares the Envelope From and From domains. If you’d like, you can increase the score for the HEADER_FROM_DIFFERENT_DOMAINS rule by editing the local.cf file.

Thanks,
    Arron

19. Allow administrators to create Saved Searches for all users

Could you add an option to allow administrators to create Unread email and flagged email saved searches for all users to effectively replicate the smart inbox concept that many email programs use.

In addition, the admin will need to be able to enable Saved Searches and auto cancel save searches for all users in Worldclient as they are off by default.

The problem with expecting users to create these saved search filters for themselves is many users will not know how to do it (and may do it incorrectly by selecting subfolders instead of all folders) and if they are…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Instant Messaging in WorldClient

We want IM in world client.

1 vote
    Vote