Welcome to MDaemon Technologies' Suggestion Box

Listening to our customers is more than part of our mission statement, it is part of our culture. Do you have an idea that can improve our products or process? Please share it with us!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Correct support for Drag&Drop of events in calendar via WorldClient

Currently somtimes it works to drag&drop events in a calendar. But it's not possible to d&d events from one calendar to another although it's offered (e.g. from calendar to an calendar-archive) and it's also not possible to copy an events via d&d nor via copy-function! It's offered - but it does not work!?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  MDaemon Webmail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Store text information for each email.

Store text information for each email - for any user to read, editable, markable, who has visibly changed

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  MDaemon Connector  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Edit as new in email composing

Edit as new in email composing

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  MDaemon Webmail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  MDaemon  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. content filter performance

I found a new issue with the content filter. The more rules I add the worst the server performance gets. I finally figured out something very important. Emails are being checked every time the are received, and when they CC or BCC some one, it gets checked again, and again. I found a simple fix to this. First content rule, add header that content filter check was started. Second content filter rule, if content filter header check exists, then skip all the other content filter rules. This has made a huge performance impact on the server, and I ask my…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  MDaemon  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello,

Thanks for sharing your idea with us. Unfortunately this is not possible. A copy of the message is created for each recipient and each copy of the message is processed by the content filter. This enables actions to be taken on a copy of a message destined for a specific recipient without affecting the copy of the message destined for the other recipients.

Thanks again,
    Arron

6. option to show failed passwords in the log

I have v13.6.2.
    When a user tries to log in with an incorrect password the log just shows
    **** for the password.

In my case this is most commonly due to brute force attack and not due to legitimate users trying to log on.
    Is there any way to get the log to show the password attempts as it did in earlier versions, so that I can ***** the effectiveness of the attack.

Previously they would be simple dictionary attacks for generic user names, but now come as a few attempts from Russia and Ukraine from various IP's and targeted…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Hide unused tabs and menu-items.

When a feature is not enabled, either by choice or license, HIDE it from all part of the product like:
    "GUI / Mail / ..."
    - BIS, BES (when this function is not enabled/licensed)
    - Outlook Connector (when this function is not enabled/licensed)
    - Minger (when this function is not enabled)
    - LDAP (when this function is not enabled)
    - DomainPop (when this function is not enabled)

"GUI / Mail / ..."
    - ActiveSync (when this function is not enabled/licensed)
    - SyncML (when this function is not enabled)

"GUI / Mail / Active Directory" (when this function is not enabled)

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Multiple account in World Client

I work in public administration and use mdaemon in several municipalities and many of these use open source tools but not outlook.

The first problem is that we can not synchronize address books with email client open source or at least free of charge (for example, windows live email)

The second problem is that all users have at least two accounts: the personal and the office.

The solution to these problems would be to use WorldClient with more e-mail boxes, at least of the same domain, as is done in exchange.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  MDaemon Webmail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Ability for domain administrators to manage rules and filters

I would like domain administrators to have the ability to manage rules and filters.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Allow local (non-routable) IP logins when account frozen

We have periods where someone will try to break into someone's account by attempting logins, each attempt from a different IP. At the attempt limit, the account will be frozen. If there was some way to only freeze the account from non-local (non-routable) IP's, so that people on the LAN would not be affected, that would be great. I don't want to immediately un-freeze the account, as it just allows the hacker to try again sooner.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello David,

Thank you for sharing your idea to allow local IPs to login to an account when it is frozen. Unfortunately, accounts can also be frozen for sending too much mail, and in this case allowing local IPs would defeat the purpose of freezing the account.

Location Screening may be able to help, if you are using ActiveSync or WebMail. Known ActiveSync devices bypass Location Screening and two factor authentication can be used to bypass location screening when logging into webmail.

Thanks,
    Arron

11. MDPC Pricing Structure

I am investigating the option of using Mdaemon for pupil emails for Curriculum Use. Teachers need to teach pupils how to use email. One of the main reasons that I want to use Mdaemon is so that we can configure pupil email accounts to never receive emails from outside - no strangers can send them emails (only other pupils and teachers on the same Mail Server, but not necessarily same domain i.e. different schools) and secondly because I want to setup an internal message chatting program so that pupils can chat to other pupils at other schools.

However the cost…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  MDaemon Private Cloud  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Ideally sending email (Dynamic Monitoring Lock WorldClient) and not just the message you indicate (Dynamic Monitoring WorldClient has blocke

Ideally sending email (Dynamic Monitoring Lock WorldClient) and not just the message you indicate (Dynamic Monitoring WorldClient has blocked IP's 173.10.1.21 for 30 minutes due to 5 authentication failures) that identification out who tried to access mail.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. SMS password recovery

Add sms feature in the password recovery option.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  MDaemon Webmail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello Francesco,

Thanks for sharing your idea with us to add the ability to send the existing password in an SMS message. Unfortunately we will not be able to add the ability to send the existing password in an SMS message. I believe most carriers offer SMS gateways for their customers, so if a user would like to direct the existing password recovery email to their phone as an SMS message they can do so by entering the email address setup by their cellular carrier for the SMS gateway.

Thanks,
    Arron

14. Sending user Country Block

Mdaemon now has the ability to block countries which is great and I have found it very helpful in reducing spam and malware. However, the problem is as can be explained in this example.

A Russian Hacker sends me an email through his email server (which is in Russia). So his email gets blockd because I have Russia on the blacklist.

However, another Russian Hacker sends me an email through his email server (which is the US), so his email does not get blocked because I don't have US on the blacklist.

Is it possible to block based on where…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

Thank you for sharing your idea with us to block based on where the user is located. Even if we could find a reliable way to determine the location of the user sending the email, it could have negative consequences. For example, along with the Russian hacker that is sending email through a server in the U.S. you would also block legitimate business people that are traveling to Russia and sending through their corporate email server which resides in the U.S.

Thanks
    Arron

15. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  MDaemon  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. change of outlook connector

If I remember correctly a few years ago there was the idea of ​​having one OUTLOOK CONNECTOR SERVER and no longer Outlook Connctor client.

This is because the client is configured as an exchange

OUTLOOK CONNECTOR SERVER would have to work as if it were a MICROSOFT EXCHANGE

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  MDaemon Connector  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. File compression and password

I would like to ask about file compression and password for send attachment.

Please give me suggest and solution, if I send attachment to receipent, automatically that file will be convert to zip file and bring password.

Thank you.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. "SMTP Screen" causing false positives which blacklist mailing lists containing stale local email accounts

We just upgraded form 16.0.4 to 17.5.3. The new version includes the new SMTP Screen feature, which blacklists sending IPs that cause 'n' failed RCPTs in a given period. This feature is presumably to prevent account-fishing attacks, a worthy goal.
    However, a nasty side effect is that it also blacklists sender IPs who are mailing lists where the list contains too many obsolete local accounts (existed at one time, but since deleted) . Granted, these mailing lists should be paying attention to our 550 errors, but some are not. We are essentially forced to increase our RCPT error counts to…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Sheldon,

Thank you for sharing your idea with us. Unfortunately, there is no way for MDaemon to know if the inbound SMTP session is a legitimate mailing list or an attacker. If possible, I’d recommend whitelisting the IP addresses that are sending the mailing list traffic.

Thanks,
    Arron

19. MDaemon for Linux more specifically Debian variant.

I see it's been requested before and rejected but why not a Linux/Debian/Ubuntu version. Please, it's time to offer a Linux version!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Sync public folder with BES on mobile devices

I have many customer that need to sync one or more Public Folder with their blackberry devices...

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Welcome to MDaemon Technologies' Suggestion Box

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base