Welcome to MDaemon Technologies' Suggestion Box

Listening to our customers is more than part of our mission statement, it is part of our culture. Do you have an idea that can improve our products or process? Please share it with us!

How can we improve?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Improving the MDaemon automatic appointment functionalities

This would be very useful whenever you want to manage resources such as meeting rooms.
    We have configured 4 particular MDaemon accounts, each of them is a meeting room.
    Their accounts options are set to "automatically accept new meeting requests".
    The rooms calendars are shared, so that each user can check the room availabilities before booking.
    Our users Outlook configuration is: local pst files + pop3 session for emails, outlook connector only for shared contacts and calendars.

This way, whenever a "human user" invites a room, the appointment is always accepted by the meeting room.
    The bad thing about that…

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    5 comments  ·  MDaemon  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Fix SpamAssassin so that it can process multiple messages at once

Currently Mdaemon processes messages through MDSPAMD one at a time, even though there are settings in MD that suggest you can set how many are processed at once. On a medium to high volume server, processing one at a time causes the messages to pile up very quickly. Even with finely tuned SA rules, it still can cause a signficant backup. Often we see it taking over a minute to process a message through MDSPAMD (even though the MDSPAMD logs show that the messages are actually moving through within a few seconds). Logs show they are just going through one…

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  MDaemon  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. WorldClient: Sound & Pop up notification of new email and chat message

As title says... Using HTML 5 I think It possible to have Sound & Pop up notification of new email and chat message almost like a Gmail.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  MDaemon Webmail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Modern WebUI for Worldclient

Worldclient looks great. I've been using it was introduced, and "Globe" was the template to use :-) ****, I've been using MDaemon since the 2.x days. But let's face it. It's a clone of Outlook and it looks very dated.

Take a look at the up and coming web mail projects other companies are doing.

They're not only beautiful to look at, but fully HTML 5 compliant and modern.

Lookout has been around for several years, and it's time to do a new template from the ground up. Get inspired, and brings us something on par of other web projects.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  MDaemon Webmail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add a MDBadQueueReason: column to the Bad Queue contents list.

There is already a MDBadQueueReason: header in bad messages which indicates why they are considered bad.
    Adding this to the stats view would make it easier to spot a persistent problem with certain mail routes, etc.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  MDaemon  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Ability to purge the OutlookConnector database using a script

Currently the OutlookConnector database can be compacted using SQLLite, however there is no automated way to purge old mail from the database.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  MDaemon Connector  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Distinguish Attachments from object embedded in HTML code into a message

I've noticed that the signature images are categorized as attachment. So almost any message has an attachment and this creates confusion to users. I think it's better that only objects NOT embedded into the HTML code of the message are displayed as attachment.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  MDaemon Webmail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Require change of password on next sign in.

Make a feature to require user to change of password on next sign in.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Worldclient remembers the last alias used to send a message

It would be great if worldclient would remember the last alias used to send a message and when the user sends a new message it will choose that alias as default.
    I think it's easy to implement and will give the user a good advantage (I have customers constantly complaining about that).

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  MDaemon Webmail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. I'd like to be able to choose wich dns server securitygateway uses when it

I'd like to be able to choose wich dns server securitygateway uses when it delivers mail and do lookups, today it uses the dns from Windows network settings, Id like to be able to enter for example my isps dns in SecurityGateway. I Think Mdeamon has this functionality.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  SecurityGateway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Protect third party

At least access to gpec and mailstore can be protected by dynamic screening, which is done via mdaemon users.

And mdaemon to integrate third-party programs has a thread in which it writes the script for integration and appears in menus in mdaemon.

Clearly they have to develop them and anyway it applies to users who have been in contact with the mail server.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  MDaemon  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello,

Thank you for sharing your idea with us. This is already possible. Dynamic Screening includes a publicly available API, although I don’t believe it has been documented. If any software vendors would like to access MDaemon’s Dynamic Screening functionality they will need to contact us so that we can provide the documentation.

Thanks,
    Arron

12. Improve Account Settings > Aliases

On the server interface improve the Aliases section in the Account Settings dialog to include searching, filtering by domain, and ability to update an alias without having to delete it first.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Encrypt passwords for the users so Admins are only able to reset, not export a plain txt list.

We do use the ability to export all the passwords occasionally (in Webadmin), but every time we do it, it just feels like a vulnerability waiting to be exploited. Seems so 2007. I would prefer to see passwords on lockdown.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Support of PFS (perfect forward secrecy) in the build in webserver

I am paranoid and love security. As I am using official certificates and would like to be able to use perfect forward secrecy in the built in web server. I believe it is great extension of SSL security.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Allow remote images for trusted senders

Many emails include links to pictures and WorldClient displays:
    Remote images were blocked. Click here to view them.

That's fine for spam and other unwanted email, but what about legitimate email that I get daily from friends and companies?

Most email apps have a way to remember these users so I don't have to show images all the time, but I couldn't find it in WorldClient. I tried adding to Contacts and adding to Whitelist, but neither helped.

Suggest a checkbox or something to allow remote images for this sender.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Add two step authentication/two factor authorisation to WorldClient

I would like to see an option to add two step authentication to WorldClient.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Send an email to admin account when local and remote queue reach high levels.

We have a high volume mail server. If spam processing is slow, mainly due to the dns available yes, no, test feature - mail gets really backed up. It would be helpful if MDaemon could send a message to the admin warning of 300 messages in the local or remote queue, then remind every additional 100 messages. Send these notification messages to the top of the queue so they go out immediately.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Daily administrator report email to summarise over-quota and near-quota accounts (global for postmaster and per-domain for domain admins)

With users storing more and more in the "cloud", quota management is becoming a bigger issue. It would help to pro-actively manage this with users if a daily report email summarised those accounts that are over- or nearing their quota limit.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. additional parameters in contact search

In world client, contacts, there is currently only a search for contact. Would it be possible to add additional options to search for matching in company field

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. create MSI's of OC with personnalized parameters on mdaemon side

It would be great if we can create msi oc files; with specifics parameters we would like to keep or enter;

ex: unchecked download headers, parameters for database purge etc...

Actually It's painfull to modify them, it would be better to make msi withmy own parameters

Maybe it could be possible into mdaemon server side, after setup the OC.exe, to have a windows with parameters available, and a button to create the personnalized msi oc file.

thanks

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Welcome to MDaemon Technologies' Suggestion Box

Feedback and Knowledge Base