Welcome to MDaemon Technologies' Suggestion Box

Listening to our customers is more than part of our mission statement, it is part of our culture. Do you have an idea that can improve our products or process? Please share it with us!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. ticketing for helpdesk

Hello

Ticketing in mdaemon 13 seems to be like "publish button to compare to public folder of exchange"

Could you add a better function for ticketing system for it admin helpdesk.

Regards

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  MDaemon  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Support the recording writing voice and video mail

Record voice and video mail and The receiver can easily play.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  MDaemon Webmail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. SVG charts in MDaemon

Please, add an option to use SVG charts instead of Adobe Flash charts in MDaemon WebAdmin and in Security Gateway.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Storing Emails

Both separate file store (used by MDaemon) and DB file store (Used by others) have their pros and cons.

I am using Archive Server for MDaemon, which is using third way of saving Email files.

It manages Emails like Drive:\Year Folder\Month folder\date database file. The index of this date database is maintained in SQL server. This have pros of both file store and DB store, while quick to backup and more secure as the emails stored in individual files are readable using notepad.

I have used few backup solutions and all of them are slow when it comes to backup…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Rename .doc attachments to .docx and .xls to .xlsx

The .doc and .xls file formats are a major security risk, with many ransomware campaigns using Word macros as the attack vector.

Unfortunately we still get so many of these old-format files by email, that we can't very well ban them.

A very simple protection mechanism is to rename these attachments at the mailserver to *.docx and *.xlsx respectively.

This will not prevent the attachments from being opened in most versions of Microsoft Office or Open Office, but will prevent any embedded macros from running. Even if the user follows a (malicious) instruction in the document to turn off macro…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  MDaemon  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Allow to dynamically set the SELECT statement of an ODBC List

It would be great if we could have an ODBC mailing list in which we can dynamically set the "SELECT" statement at the same time we send the mailing list message.
    An example to be more clear:

I have set up an ODBC list named customers@mydomain.com
    used to send a message to all my customers as recorded in my ERP system.
    if I need to send a message only to a specific subset of my customers it would be great if I could send to MD the "modified" SELECT statement to have this message sent only to the customers selected…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. for advanced search, make the default date range the last 12 months, instead of all time.

When an account with many emails, does an advanced search, the default date range seems to be from first email to last email date. The result is that thousands of emails are searched needlessly.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Selective Automatic Upgrade to New Version

Whenever there is a new version of MDaemon being released, we suggest the same should be rolled out only to the MDaemon customers of up to 50 users. Based on their feedback and later release of stable version after taking care of reported observations, they could be rolled to customers who are having more than 50 users. Here too, the upgrade should be done only after prompting the user about the new features & then by taking their concurrence. This way, we can avoid customers with large number of users inadvertently upgrading to new version & getting impacted with the…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. WC Calendar - PDF output

We are seeing WC and Libre as viable alternatives to Office in a RDP/VDI infrastructure. WC looks very good but could use more graphical options and the ability to output to PDF. Large printed calendars work well in charrettes and other large meetings.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Letsencrypt script

Hello,
    It could be helpfull to have, in the LetsEncrypt configuration tab, the ability to set a before and an after script that would be executed before and after your script.
    Thanks

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

Thank you for sharing your idea with us to allow the administrator to configure scripts to run before and after MDaemon run the LetsEncrypt script. Unfortunately we will not be able to add this to MDaemon. If you’d like this flexibility I would recommend creating tasks in Windows Task Scheduler to execute the LetsEncrypt script as well as the custom scripts you would like to execute.

Thanks,
    Arron

12. Reminders on Shared Calendars

When you create an appointment with reminder on a shared calendar, all users sharing this same calendar get such reminder. As it seems that such annoying reminder cannot be avoided by users with limited ACL, it would be useful a default option in order to share or not this reminder with others.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. alias for several users

I wish more members of a service have the same mail transmission and reception in especially from the outside. This would be useful in case of absence of people. On the other hand, it would not be outside but the service staff write the mail. With ComAgent this is not possible because only one person can be connected.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Show Mailing List Membership in Account Manager

It would be helpful is the account manager showed which lists each users was a member of. Currently you have to open each account to get this information.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. WorldClient: support to messages sent in RTF format

Ability to parse messages sent by Outlooks in RTF format avoiding to get messages with the winmail.dat attachment

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  MDaemon Webmail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Scanning of the attachments with virustotal.com

If is possible, could be a good idea scanning the attachments with virustotal.com, i noticed that there are the API.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  2 comments  ·  MDaemon  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. adding "rules" into spam function to bypass

Hello

In antispam module in MD, we can create rules with parameters, which make some actions (move mails, delete mails if word exist, move to spam trap etc).

I have sometimes mails wich are positive false, and i don't know why they are into spam trap

Could you add an "action" available wich can "bypass" other rules and security and deliver mail.

I've tried to make some exclusion with withlist, from and to, but some mails still go to spam trap. and need to take attention and car to not to delete them

Regards

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  0 comments  ·  MDaemon  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Upgrade process requires Internet access for license prevents thorough testing.

We like to test upgrades before deploying them in production. When running the upgrade on a test VM copy of the server, the 17->18 licensing would not allow us to continue without Internet. We do this to prevent downloading mail that might have to be abandoned if there's a problem.

Please change this process to allow a "enter license later" option during the upgrade.

It's nice to have faith in the upgrade process, but we like to be sure as it's our mail service on the line.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

Thank you for sharing your idea with us to allow a license to be entered later. Unfortunately, entering a license later is not something we are planning to implement. Currently, the easiest way to prevent MDaemon from downloading mail from the internet is to disable the feature in MDaemon that is downloading the mail. For example, if you are needing to disable the MultiPOP engine it can be disabled by going to the File menu and make sure the MultiPOP server is not enabled.

Thanks,
    Arron

19. Is it possible to make an exchange web services URL-like with exchange.asmx ?

Is it possible to make an exchange web services URL-like with exchange.asmx ?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  MDaemon  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Provide a Free Version MDaemon as was available a long time ago

I have been an Alt-N customer for over 10 years now. I originally became an Alt-N customer because I was able to use the free version. I continued using the free version for my personal email for several years - during which time I developed a great confidence level in the product and made the decisions for 2 companies to purchase MDaemon.

My point is that if Alt-N had not provided a free version of MDaemon when I wanted a solid (albeit limited) email server, I would probably not be an Alt-N customer today. As an independent consultant, I wanted…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Welcome to MDaemon Technologies' Suggestion Box

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base