Welcome to MDaemon Technologies' Suggestion Box

Listening to our customers is more than part of our mission statement, it is part of our culture. Do you have an idea that can improve our products or process? Please share it with us!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    declined  ·  0 comments  ·  MDaemon Webmail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. It's time for a Captcha

Hi team,
    It's now time for a Captcha on the MDaemon WorldClient Webmail service.
    I know it was raised 6 years ago, but times have changed since then.
    I am seeing up to 100's of false attempts a day on our webmail address.
    I've got it set to block an IP address for a full year after 3 fails, but yet I'm not seeing any diminishing hits.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  MDaemon Webmail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello,

Thank you for sharing your idea with us to implement captcha on the Webmail logon page. Unfortunately we do not have plans to implement captcha because Webmail and Remote Administration already offer two factor authentication. If you would like assistance setting up two factor authentication please contact our support team for assistance. All of our support options can be found at http://www.altn.com/support.

Thanks,
    Arron

3. ActiveSync Device Password

Can ActiveSync allow admins to reset the mandatory device password, the same way we can with BES?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  MDaemon  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Document support for syncML (for Dropbox replacement)

Allow syncML to sync all data (especially Documents), this would allow a DropBox replacement to be used synchronising to the MDaemon account Documents folder (and its tree below it).

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  MDaemon  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Could MDaemon dynamically add servers to the STARTTLS White List when it encounters error code 0x80090326?

Could MDaemon dynamically add servers to the STARTTLS White List when it encounters error code 0x80090326?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Matt,

Thanks for sharing your idea with us. Automatically adding servers to the STARTTLS white list has some risks associated with it. Once a server is on the list STARTTLS will never be tried again when sending and will not be advertised when a server on the list is sending to you. A better solution, in my opinion would be to have MDaemon try sending the message without STARTTLS when an error occurs.

Thanks,
    Arron

6. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. A CF engine who supports variables and cycles

I would be great if Content Filter was more powerful and would support variables and cycles.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Bruno,

Thank for sharing your idea. I’m not sure I understand your request. Can you provide additional details about the functionality you’d like to see added to the content filter?

Unfortunately, without additional details we are not able to consider adding this functionality.

Thanks,
    Arron

8. Bug. Cannot set forwarding when using external database.

When MDaemon Email server is configured to external database, like Access. It is not possible to set forwarding after the account has already been set up.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Move the "empty trash" button

Move the "empty trash" button farther away from more frequently used buttons so that that potential to click on it by mistake is decreased.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Include ability for user to enable a auto responder that actually works

Include ability for user to enable a auto responder that actually works

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Domain autoresponder

Add an autoresponder at a domain level so it can be use for all MDaemon accounts when all accounts are out of office (e.g. when company is closed for holidays). This can be actually done by the Content Filter but it not work as the single autoresponder (which, for example sends the auto-response only first time).

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  0 comments  ·  MDaemon  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Distribution lists to phones

Distribution lists do not sync to android phone, we are usign HTC shift, with @ mail. The company wide lists work.. the ones I created on the server. but if a user makes a distribution list in world client it does not work on his phone. ALSO.... if a person makes a distro list on world client, they cannot type it as a to address in world client, they must use the address book button and select it there. thank

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  2 comments  ·  MDaemon  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  MDaemon  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello,

Thank you for sharing your idea with us to add support for GSM Modems. The current version of MDaemon can send SMS messages through the cell phone providers an SMS gateway. In addition there are third party tools that can be used with MDaemon to send SMS messages without using the cell phone providers SMS gateway.

Thanks,
    Arron

14. Email Archive: Change the default permission of "archive to pub folders"

change the default permission of the "email archive to pub folders" to: allow postmaster as well as allow the email user (sender or recipient) to a configurable ACL value (read only or RW)?

Thanks.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Webadmin support Unicode.

I want to webadmin support unicode so i can import vietnamese to name of user as well as many information using vietnamese language.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  MDaemon  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Security gateway has only one way to send. I need a rule engine for the outcoming mails.

Security gateway has only one way to send. I need a rule engine for the outcoming mails.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  SecurityGateway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Add Mdaemon logging of passwords used during failed SMTP login attempts.

Add Mdaemon logging of passwords used during failed SMTP login attempts.

Our server is often subject to brute-force-password-guessing attacks. Dynamic screening and blacklisting can slow them down, but it would be useful to know what passwords were being guessed during these attempts. Knowing their guessing strategy could give us useful information about how close the guesses were to breaching our current password policies.

I see that another user has posted a similar request "option to show failed passwords in the log, but the request has been declined by Mdaemon because they need additional information. We would appreciate knowing what additional…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Sheldon,

Thanks for sharing your idea with us. I was attempting to get a confirmation from the previous request that they were actually wanting to log passwords. In our opinion, logging the passwords used even if they are not the current correct password is dangerous as it can provide clues about what the actual password is or what other passwords the user may be using to administrators and IT staff. For example, a user types the password and misses one character or a user accidentally types a password they use for another service. In both of these cases anyone who has access to the MDaemon logs can gain information that may help them discover the password for the user’s account in MDaemon or for another service.

Thanks for your feedback.
    Arron

18. Harvesting protection

Where an account is suffering heavy spam, spider the mail domain's associated website for harvestable mailto: links or plaintext addresses and notify the user or admin of the affected pages.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  MDaemon  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Reduce WorldClient.exe memory consumption

WorlClient.exe consumes more and more memory as days pass by.
    It starts up at few MB, now more than 600MB...
    I have to restart the service one time a week.
    Before v.13 I don't remember this to happen...

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Despite the 'Mailing lists' are configured with the value of the 'Priority delivery' set to 80 (compared with normal priority emails that ha

Despite the 'Mailing lists' are configured with the value of the 'Priority delivery' set to 80 (compared with normal priority emails that have 50 or less) when sending a msg to a list, all traffic is 'blocked' from dispatch of the e-mail list. So I'll like to know if there is a chance 'to fragment and / or stagger the sending of an e-mail list in order to avoid this block of 'the normal activity'.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Welcome to MDaemon Technologies' Suggestion Box

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base