Welcome to MDaemon Technologies' Suggestion Box

Listening to our customers is more than part of our mission statement, it is part of our culture. Do you have an idea that can improve our products or process? Please share it with us!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Subfolder-Inbox should behave better

Inbox folder created under Main Inbox should Increment the number of email(new or note) according to mail existence in sub-folder Inbox.

Also On the summary page Inbox should also include new mail in sub-folder Inbox

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  MDaemon Webmail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. LookOut

We are a K-12 that has users that get VERY used to certian things. Would you PLEASE bring back the LookOut theme like we had before with the navigation on the left hand side. Perhaps just rename the old LookOut theme to something new so you can still progress with the new LookOut theme? I have had a MASSIVE out cry from all my staff about this change.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

Thank you for submitting your idea. Unfortunately we will not be reverting back to the old LookOut theme. If you would like to continue using the old style LookOut theme with the new version of MDaemon you should be able to copy the following directories from an old install to the new install.

MDaemon\WorldClient\Templates\LookOut\
    MDaemon\WorldClient\HTML\LookOut

You’ll want to name the directories something other than one of the standard theme names or they will be over written. For example in my test I used “LookOut2”. After copying the directories you will need to restart the WorldClient server.

Thanks,
    Arron

3. Unify version numbers of subcomponents of MDaemon

NOW
    - Alt-N MDaemon 13.6.2
    - Alt-N SecurityPlus 4.1.5
    - Alt-N Outlook Connector 2.3.3

FUTURE
    - Alt-N MDaemon 14.0
    - Alt-N SecurityPlus 14.0
    - Alt-N Outlook Connector 14.0

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  MDaemon  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Ability to have IMAP Folders assign to group template for customization

hi
    it would be nice if we could have possibility to costomize the default's IMAP folder and attached it to any created groups's template.
    So that any new user created and assigned to that group will received the default IMPA's Folder

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

Thank you for following up with additional information. Unfortunately, at this time we will not be able to implement the ability to force the creation of an IMAP folder in a mailbox and prevent the deletion of that folder. Depending on some specific details about what you are trying to accomplish there may be other options available to you, such as Public and Shared Folders. Another alternative would be to manually create the folder in the users mailbox and then alter the Windows ACLs for the folder so that it cannot be deleted by the account the MDaemon service is running under.

Thanks,
    Arron

5. WC Calendar - visual contrast of events.

We are seeing Mdaemon compared more often now to googledocs. The calendar in google docs (and gmail) displays appointments in a more contrasting way than in WC. This translates as being more "intuitive" as distinguishing adjacent event is easier to discern when multiple staff calendars are on display.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. validatate emailID

We would like to write an application to check whether email ID’s of the recipients are valid or not by using SMTP hand shake and it should not send email to the recipient.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Be carefull with FAT32 partition and big mailbox

Hello

It's just share a tips that i already mentionned but if you have OC with bigmailbox and Fat32, there is a limit, (i don't know the exact reason) number of mail, size of mailbox, limit of database

but if the limit is over, attachment disapears for all mails....

Big mailboxs are often for VIP... so it was complicated when they are wan users too....

After trying several things, the only way is to convert partition in to ntfs. msdos mode and reboot No problem after...

ERegards

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  MDaemon Connector  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. put version of OC in "name" column of installed applications

put version of OC in "name" column of installed applications

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  MDaemon Connector  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Expand WorldClient filters to same level as MDaemon's Content Filter rules

The filters in WorldClient are pretty basic and we know that MDaemon can support far more complex rules.

Please incorporate more of the Content Filter rule capabilities into WorldClient's filters so we can create richer rules.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  MDaemon Webmail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. public adressbook are not showing into into worldclient adress book

Hello

I have in mdaemon a adressbook (contacts) list of suppliers,
    in OC this adress book is showing in the contacts "box" with other contacts lists.

But in worlclient i have only my own contacts, and public contacts, but not other adress book available.

It could be great if, as into outlook, file with specific extension, (tasks, calendars, and contacts list could be grouped by categorie, also if they are publics items

Regards

Cyril COHU

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Lookout calendar, mask the "calendar"\username

Hello

If it's possible, could you mask the terme "calendar" word from "calendar\username".

When we are into the calendar function/category, we know that the object, wich appears for a user is its calendar

Thanks

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Cyril,

Thanks for your suggestion unfortunately I think removing the calendar name, which by default is “Calendar”, from the name of the shared calendar would cause problems if a user shared out multiple calendars to the same person. You could end up with multiple calendars named $USERNAME$.

Thanks,

Arron

12. 0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  MDaemon  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Ability to print more than 8 lines in calendar entries.

Ability to print more than 8 lines in calendar entries.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  0 comments  ·  MDaemon Webmail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Improve DKIM options

Cannot handle DKIM signature structure (field t= is missing for example)

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  SecurityGateway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Advanced search should be more robust

Hi,

There is some issue with the search module in Worldclient.
    If I want to search some mails having word 'approval' in the body then I will go in Inbox and will click on Search and then Advanced Search.
    The first issue - start date if kept default and end date changed then advanced search will not give any result.
    The second issue - When I again go and edit the word 'approval' to 'router' to search some other mails in Inbox then also the advanced search will not give any result. To make it search the mails I will…

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Can have also the old (2007/2010) Worlclient theme available ?

Hello,

i try the 13.6 in a test machine. I have noticed that the new worldclient theme is a little "strange" with menus on the top of the page.
    Previously, Worldclient menus (like 2007/2010 way; were in the left of the page (and webadmin theme is still and also with left menus)

Is it possible to have the old theme available? into personalized menu?

I know the new theme would like to follow the office 2013 view, but i think it is not userfriendly as the previous worldclient theme.

If i migrate my actual mdaemon to this new version, i…

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Cyril,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on the new LookOut theme. We have no plans to revert to the previous version of the LookOut theme. If you would like to continue using the old theme with MDaemon 13.6.0 you may be able to copy the LookOut directories from the WorldClient/HTML and WorldClient/Templates directory of an MDaemon 13.5.2 install to your MDaemon 13.6.0 install.

Thanks,
    Arron

17. Will be happy if we can have roadmap or timeline for next beta/release versions

Hello,

we will be happy if we can have timeline or roadmap for the beta/release ans what idea's have been keeping for each the version.
    MD13 is recent, but i know user's want always more and more :-) and faster and faster

Regards

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello Cyril,

Thanks again for sharing your ideas with us.

In general Alt-N does not publicly release road map data.

We are constantly refining our road maps to ensure we are including the latest feedback, whether provided on our Idea Engine or from other sources, and technology.

If you have questions about specific features please feel free to contact me directly.

Thanks,

Arron

1 2 3 4 6 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Welcome to MDaemon Technologies' Suggestion Box

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base