Welcome to MDaemon Technologies' Suggestion Box

Listening to our customers is more than part of our mission statement, it is part of our culture. Do you have an idea that can improve our products or process? Please share it with us!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Have reporting notifications for queue size

Send an email to admin account when local and remote queues reach high levels that doesn't require a separate piece of monitoring software.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  MDaemon  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Active Directory - Public Address Book

Can we please hide accounts that are either disabled or have their accounts expired to be hidden from the public address book? Currently, I have to manually flag the MDaemon account as Private so that it would not be shown. Many of my customers are also complaining about this as they do not "delete" accounts that have expired or disabled. The purging of these accounts takes place usually at least 6 - 12 months after account is inactive.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Steve,

Thank you for taking the time to share your idea with us. In my testing accounts that were disabled or expired in Active Directory were removed from the public contact list. If this is not the behavior you are seeing please contact our technical support team so that we may troubleshoot the issue with you. All of our support options can be found at http://www.altn.com/support/.

Thanks,

Arron

3. Add support for custom attributes in calendar items

Allow settings of custom attributes in calendar items (Something like custom attributes of EWS).
    This would allow better integration of MD with third party applications.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  MDaemon  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add a X-MD header line for ssl/tls encrypted mail exchange

Add a X-MD header line for a mail exchange, that was ssl/tls encrypted. Nowadays encrypted mail transfer becomes an important issue.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Messages pruning based on Date header of message.

Messages pruning using mail headers and not the date/time of the file on windows file system.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Notifications

We recently had some compromised accounts, and I was blissfully unaware until users brought it to my attention. I updated to the latest version to add the hijack detection, but sadly found no notification ability in that feature as well. I need to know when user accounts have been compromised and other important things like quota reports and hard drive status. Please put some notifications in the program. I usually don't worry about the mailserver, but now I feel the need for more informaiton.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Could you add last connect with webmail and last connect with active sync

Hello
    In the main control of user, there's fields under screen, box created and last access of users. Could you add last webmail access and last activesync access. i need to know hows numbers of webmail users access. it would be great
    thanks

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Cyril,

Thank you for sharing your idea to track the last ActiveSync and last WebMail access for accounts. This information is currently tracked and available in the hiwater.mrk file in the users mailbox directory. The last logon time for ActiveSync can also be found in the Account Settings under ActiveSync for MDaemon / Clients.

Thanks,
    Arron

8. Allow multi users login with the same account by POP3 protocol

Please allow multi users login with the same account by PỎP3 protocol, I ask this feature because when user add the account by POP3 to their
    gmail account, the gmail server open multi pop session and cannot login.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Replace Kaspersky

Stop "monitoring the situation". REPLACE the Kaspersky AV with another vendor. This should be a top level priority.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  MDaemon  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. WorldClient icon should blink for new mails in subfolders of inbox

WorldClient icon should blink for new mails in subfolders (for mail segregation using rules) of inbox.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  MDaemon  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Add connection port & level of security in the All session tab (MD Console)

Hi,

It would like to see the connection port and which type of security the users are using when connecting to MD.

Please add to wish list.

Regards
    Verner

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Notification Email on Reverse Lookup

Hi,

Could you add notification email option to the receiver and postmaster if sender domain after checking is not found ptr record or domain not found or no mx record on reverse lookup.

The reason i asked this, because if sender domain is not meet criteria on reverse lookup the email will be refused and only give notification to sender, but if the sender didn't want to contact the receiver, the receiver will didn't know if the sender has email or not or other problem like this techinical issue. and if the receiver remember about this after a few of…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Raymond,

Thank you for your suggestion. I believe this can already be done by configuring the reverse lookups to not reject mail, insert a lookup results header into the message, and using the content filter detect the reverse lookup results. If you’l like assistance configuring this please contact or suport team or post a question to our community forums. All of our support options can be found at www.altn.com/support/ and information on our community forums can be found at http://www.altn.com/Support/CommunityForums/.

Thanks,
    Arron

13. Comagent : Double click to icon taskbar to show Comagent window

When you double click to icon comagent, the worldclient is open.

I want to double click icon to show comagent windows.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Share public calendar

With the version 18 I see that I can share a private calendar to anyone also without an MDaemon account.
    But only the private calendars are sharable.
    I suggest to add the ability to share also the public calendars.
    Thanks.
    Davide.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. administrator can decide the users whose emails can be archived in "public folders " directory

1) Server administrator gets the option to decide the User's / accounts whose mails can be archived in the "Public folders" directory
    this option will help in saving lot of disk space

2) ability to purge archived messages after given time on FIFO basis would be a added advantage

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Access to Outbreak Protection via WebAdmin

I'd like to be able to access the outbreak protection settings via webadmin.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. IMAP Migration Tool

It would be great if we could bring into MDaemon IMAP accounts from another server, preserving IMAP folders and so on...

We are facing plenty email domain migrations (new customers) and it is hard to accomplish this task.
    If we could get one tool to manage this I'm sure we could get to much more customers.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  MDaemon  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. List not to send to sender

when someone who is on a "normal" list sends an email to the list that they are not automatically send a copy of the email too. Can the list system be made smart enough to recognize the sender and ignore them on the list?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Comment lines for Trusted IPs

I would love to be able to use comment lines to document what each Trusted IP is, otherwise unless we maintain our own document the reasons we add an IP address are lost over time.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. subaddressing

Subaddressing should be revised. It should be made independent of the feature that allows to specify the folder to send the mail to.

Even if the folder does not exist, it should simply deliver to the Inbox, at least optionally.

Use case: I like to use subaddresses to find out who sold my data. :) So when requesting trial versions, newsletters, etc. I'd like to use a different suffix every time, user+trial1@com.pany, user+news2@com.pany, and when this address gets used by anyone else, I know where it's coming from. And I might be able to block it.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

Thank you for sharing your idea to update sub addressing to accept a message even if the folder does not exist. This is already possible by creating an alias for your account such as "user+*@com.pany = user@com.pany. By adding this alias you will essentially have an unlimited number of email addresses that will route to your account. This may result in an increase in unwanted email.

Thanks for sharing your idea with us.
    Arron

• Don't see your idea?

Welcome to MDaemon Technologies' Suggestion Box

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base